Public institution for management of protected natural areas and ecological network of Virovitica-Podravina County (LB)
Public Institution for management of protected natural areas and ecological networks Virovitica- established on 12 March 2002.
Public Institution for management of protected natural areas and ecological network Virovitica-performs activities of protection, maintenance and promotion of protected areas in order to protect and preserve the authenticity of nature.
These activities, public institution as a public service. Public institution now has three employees and manages 16 protected areas in the territory of Virovitica-Podravina County which are under various forms of protection - regional park, protected landscapes, monuments of landscape architecture, group or individual trees, and Natura 2000th
Our project activities:
Public institution Virovitica-as main beneficiary of the project, has the following project activities:
- Project management
- Preparation of studies on birds of the Croatian part of the Biosphere Reserve Mura-Drava-Danube
- Reconstruction of the basement area of the building Informative educational center in Dubrava Noskovačka
- Revitalization of the protected monument of landscape architecture - A group of trees in Noskovačka Dubrava
- Installation of park infrastructure (paths, benches, waste bins, solar lamps) and booths in the park
- Construction of two observation posts with info boards
- Partially equipping a research station in the basement of the IEC (microscopes, laboratory glassware, binoculars, telescope, a telescope with a digital camera, laptop, projector, screen, keys to identify birds, fish and flora)
- Production of materials for the promotion and visibility of the project (leaflets, map of the project, bookmarkers)
- Organization of press conferences and the final conference of the project
The realization of the project activities, public institution Virovitica-Podravina County ends building restoration Informative educational center in Noskovačka Dubrava, who becomes the center point for the work of public institutions, but also for the promotion and presentation of protected natural areas and the Natura 2000 network in the area of Virovitica-Podravina County.
The project starts and equip a research station in the basement of the building, which will complement the educational part of the activities of the Public Institution and the awareness of local residents, users and visitors Informative educational center about the value and importance of preserving the exceptional biodiversity, particularly Biosphere Reserve Mura-Drava -Danube.
The Study on the Birds of the Croatian part RB Mura-Drava-Danube and its unification with the Study of the Birds of the Hungarian part of the RB Mura-Drava-Danube, is the first joint document of institutions that govern this area, and two observation posts to monitor the area, the implementation of the monitoring and birdwatching, whose locations were determined study of birds, directly contribute to better management of the site, but also the development of sustainable tourism in protected areas Virovitica-Podravina County.
Activities of the Public Institution conducted in the park around Informative educational center, its revitalization and installation of park infrastructure, represent the biggest step forward in the preservation and presentation of the protected monument of landscape architecture of its promulgation in 1969 until today.
The project has contributed to a better cooperation between the institutions that manage the cross-border area RB Mura-Drava-Danube in Hungary and Croatia, but it is certainly encouraged and efforts of institutions that manage protected areas in Austria, Slovenia and Serbia, to step up its activities on expanding the existing RB Mura-Drava The Danube, on the establishment of the largest protected area in Europe.
Achieved results of Leading beneficiary:
- overall project management and coordination of partners
- compilation of comprehensive Overview of ornithological fauna
- of Croatian part of joint Transboundary biosphere reserve Mura-Drava-Danube
- reconstruction of basement facilities in Noskovačka Dubrava visitor center
- revitalization of protected monument of horticultural architecture in Noskovačka Dubrava with park equipment instalation (benches, solar lights, etc.), including gazebo
- two Birdwatching towers constructed and equipped with educational material
- part of equipment for Biological and reserach station in Noskovačka Dubrava visitor center
- promotional material for all partners on project
- organizing of media conference and final project conference of project